My Photo
Name:
Location: Geneva, Switzerland

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Good news day

If I may be excused blowing my own trumpet - I received my Zertifikat Deutsch today, with a score of 87%. I'm not sure I could have done that at the age of 15.


Secondly, of more general interest, I received the bill for my car tax - 10% LESS than last year. The pamphlet with it says that the tax is lower on 2/3 of the vehicles taxed. Now, I'm sure that they aren't counting on recovering less in total; so the BIG guys must be being clobbered.

It seems that the intention is to ultimately base the tax on CO2 emission per kilometre, but until that data is universally available, the tax is based on weight and power, with a steep increase in the rate at 2 tonnes and 100 KW.

I'd never considered myself very eco-friendly in this respect. All my cars since the 1960's seem to have done 30 miles to the gallon and I've used advances in technology to award myself luxury and performance. I'm a little surprised to find myself among the good guys – at least according to the Service des Automobiles.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what does "Zertifikat Deutch" mean for us english speakers?
Also, did ya get my email?

19 January, 2006 07:56  
Blogger DaPi said...

Zertifikat Deutsch

19 January, 2006 10:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home